Saturday, July 11, 2009

Amanda's Birthday

Amanda turned the big 2-5 on July 1st. She is officially closer to 30 than to 20. We still had family in town so, we spent about an hour at Dutch Wonderland so Addy could play with her cousins. Amanda had a rough day. More on that later...
If it's your bithday, you need to take the obigatory picture by the Dutch Wonderland birthday cake.
Show me the two and the five!

Uncle Matt got Addy to finally go down the little waterslide.
She just doesn't like the water right now.

Kylie, Addison, and Kacey walking back from the water area.
These next few pics were so cute, I couldn't pass them up.

I think this one is my favorite.

Another. Cute, right?

So, Amanda had an appointment for a root canal on July 2nd (the day after her birthday). But she woke up on July 1st (her birthday) in such pain, that she called to get it done then and there.
So, yes, Amanda had a root canal on her birthday.
She came home very groggy and in a lot of pain. But she took a Vicodin and toughed it out.
Of course, the Vicodin made her very sick. We tried to go out to dinner with family and friends, but it wasn't happening.
Amanda felt horrible that we had to leave.

We came home and this next picture pretty much sums it all up.


This is Amanda, sick, but smiling with her gift. We had a bet a while back to see who could lose 15 pounds the fastest. The winner got $200 to spend on whatever. Well, Amanda clearly won, and I couldn't bear the thought of her spending $200 on clothes, so I spent it for her, and got her a 16 gig I-Pod Touch. Her original I-Pod struggles to hold a charge, and well, she deserves it.
25 is a big birthday.

On Thursday, we had people over for a cook-out and cake.
Amanda was feeling better, and we had a good turn-out.
Here Kylie's making big bubbles for the kids.


Our neighbor let us use his swing set, as there were nine kids running around. Addy loves it. "Sing! Sing!" she says.
(which is 'swing' in Addy-talk).

What is it with kids and bubbles anyway?

Kacey took a break from the bubbles to hold her second cousin Macie, who is getting huge!

Kylie has a new found interest in guitars, and was very excited to find out that Uncle Brad had one.
Start the guitar lessons!

I wanted to get Amanda a special cake for her special day.
Willow Valley did a great job with it.
Blowing out the candles. Keep Addy's hands away from this cake.
(see previous posts)

Seriously, it was hard for me to cut up the cake.
One, it was a beautiful cake.
And two, I had to cut through my wife and child's faces.

So, I asked Amanda what she really wanted to do for her birthday night, and she said "Brad, I just want to play Nintendo."
Not the answer I was looking for, but hey, it's her day.

1 comment:

Adam and Samantha said...

YOU KNOW YOU GOT A WINNER WHEN YOU WIFE WANTS TO PLAY NINTENDO_A